Sunday, February 27, 2011
Quick Journey Update
Just checking in to let you know the progress I've made with my personal weight loss/exercise/getting healthy journey. To date, I have lost 82 pounds, 55 inches, 11% of my body fat. I have gone down 7 sizes in clothes. I have run 3 5Ks and am training for my 2nd 10K. I have gained a lot of self confidence, made lots of new friends, and have become so much more self aware than ever before. I am LOVING Zumba class at Curves and am 2 days away from being finished with the 30-Day Shred video (I've gotten up every morning to do the workout before I accomplish anything else for the day- and I haven't skipped once!). I love finding new ways to get exercise, lose weight, become more healthy and to get my family more active. I am very close (3 pounds away) to not being considered "obese" anymore. And I am about 8 pounds away from having lost the equivalent to what my 2 kids weigh put together. I am currently the same weight I was as a junior in college. And I intend to get down to my freshman year of high school weight. Once I lose 3% more body fat, I will be in the "acceptable range." So many goals... so little time! :) I couldn't be happier with my progress. I have long range plans and will hopefully be ready for the "maintenance phase" by fall! Only 33-38 pounds more to lose total! It will feel good to be totally comfortable with my weight once again- a feeling I haven't had since junior year of high school! Thanks for your continued compliments, encouragement and support. I couldn't do it without you! Next on the "to do list"... off to find a swimsuit for our spring break visit to Great Wolf Lodge! YAY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You need to post some pictures of your hot bod progress.... I've said this before and I'm sticking to it - I won't even recognize my own sister when I see you again!
ReplyDelete:) Have I told you lately how proud I am of you? Look how inspirational you are... You have me, Scott, Mom, Joey, and Pam ALL more conscious of our health and working out more than we ever would have before you began this journey. You are truly not only helping yourself but your entire family as well...
and it's also great to see my sister so happy. :)
I think you might have mentioned being proud a few times now! :) Thanks so much! I am proud of myself as well. It's harder for me to see the progress even though I'm the one getting on the scale and putting on my clothes. I don't see the difference in the mirror like I should. I think it's years of being overweight getting in my way. I think in time, I'll see it and will be even happier with my progress. And I'm sure you will recognize me when you come back. I'm not changing too terribly fast these days. I'm at that point where it's slow & steady. I'm definitely glad more people are joining me in this journey. It'll make family get togethers that much better. And we'll all live a lot longer to be able to enjoy our time together!!! :) Working out should keep us all less stressed and more happy too!
ReplyDelete