April 4th was Eric's 34th Birthday. It was a pretty low-key day, especially since Eric had sprained his ankle the week before. I had a meeting that afternoon so I wasn't able to take him to lunch. And Makena had tennis that night, so we had to have a very quick dinner at Famous Dave's beforehand, then "celebrate" after. As his present this year, Eric got new woods and a driver as well as a golf bag and shoes. And he bought all of that well before his big day... But I couldn't let his birthday go by without a present to open. The kids bought a CD for him that he'd seemed interested in- the new Lionel Richie "Tuskegee" CD. I think he liked it- it immediately went in his truck and is playing almost every time we've been in his truck since. And instead of baking a cake, we made him some chocolate peanut butter pie. It was delicious! With 4 birthdays in the span of a month, I decided to try making different desserts than just cake, it so far it was a hit! Even though Eric always tells me that his birthday is no big deal, I believe it should be. I will be forever grateful that April 4, 1978 brought Eric into the world!
Here are a few pics of Eric's night.
No comments:
Post a Comment