Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The House is Ours!

Well, as of 11:00 this morning, Eric and I are officially in major debt again... but on the upside- we'll have a house to show for it! We closed on our house this morning and are very excited to be moving things in over the next few days. I've already taken one van load to the house and have another loaded in the van to take tonight. Yesterday, Eric thought he ordered the wood floor to put in the living room- our very first big project in the house... well today, he got out a few pieces and looked at the box again, and it wasn't what he'd ordered. In fact, Home Depot (where the previous owners had purchased the flooring) can't find that flooring anywhere, even though it's pretty much brand new flooring. Don't know what he's going to do about that. May have to re-think our plans.  :(  And Eric's garage opener is already busted. It fell apart and won't work. What a welcome back to the land of home ownership! Bring it on!! On the plus side, the previous owners did leave us a cute flowering plant with a card that read "Welcome Home Chippeaux Family!" I thought that was so sweet! I felt immediately home!

2 comments:

  1. That's great! I hope your moving goes well and you (or rather let Eric mess with it :) figure out the floor issue!

    ReplyDelete