Sunday, October 24, 2010
My 2nd 5K
I ran in the K-State Homecoming 5K this morning... and it went awesome!!! My friend Kate and I completed our Couch to 5K training a couple of weeks ago, so we've just been trying to run the race route and get used to hills & running on concrete (we'd been training on a gravel track around a nearby park). Kate's mom and sister joined us for the race. It was great meeting them! And all the students.... well... just let me say- they cracked me up!!! Their outfits/costumes were hilarious and very creative. Some had fairy wings, or crazy 80's running suits, or funny wigs, or pj's, etc. Not sure why they wore these, but it made for an interesting run around campus. I ended up doing the majority of the race on my own, leaving Kate to run with her sister. It was much tougher than any other running I've done since I had no one to talk to and no music to listen to. And I ran at a faster pace than I'd been used to. The students will probably be talking about the heavy breathing, overweight runner that kept passing them (but at least I was passing them and not going slower than them!). BUT- I finished not just a little ahead of my previous 5K time, but 8 MINUTES ahead of it! (My previous time at Race for the Cure was 45 minutes) My goal was 40 minutes... and I did it in 37!!!!! I was very excited to see that Eric had brought the kids to stand at the finish line. I got to high-five them as I crossed the line! That was an amazing feeling. I am even now more pumped to continue the running and hopefully compete in a couple 10K's in the spring.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I would love to run this with you next year!!!!! I'm doing the couch to 5 K and I hopefully will do a trail run in the summer... LUL! Tiff
ReplyDeleteThat sounds wonderful Tiffany! I plan to do several 5K's every year... And I'm hoping to increase to a 10K in the spring and a half-marathon by next fall.
ReplyDelete