After cleaning, we went to Panera for lunch, the mall to use Makena's gift certificate to Claire's and Orange Leaf for dessert/afternoon snack. We spent the rest of the afternoon relaxing and playing at home. Then- it was time for their actual marble reward that they'd chosen in January- a trip to Time Out Corner. I have purposely avoided taking the kids there for more than birthday parties... but a promise is a promise. This place is very dark, with black lights, making everything on the walls glow flourescent. We played mini golf and then hit the arcade for LOTS of games. We cashed in their tickets from the games on lots of totally useful stuff (NOT). There's an indoor jungle gym that they had fun on too.
Then it was time for dinner at Pizza Hut to use their last Book-It certificates of the school year. We played outside for a bit, then the kids took long bubble baths (which is somehow a reward since they both shower now). We sat together and watched a Smurfs movie I'd received by Netflix for them, then they asked to sleep in my bed with me. I guess it was a perfect end to a perfectly kid-friendly day. I do think I even heard that I'm the best mom ever and that they loved me "so much!" That is, until Sunday, when the marble jars were emptied... and they realized they had to start earning marbles again!
No comments:
Post a Comment