Tuesday, March 22, 2011

St. Patrick's Road Race 10K

I participated in my 2nd 10K on Saturday. It was a cold, windy, rainy day... and maybe I'll pray for those for all my races in the future! I beat my time from the January 10K by 14 minutes!!! My official time was 1:07! That's about 11 minute miles, when I normally run about 12-12.5 minute miles. I was SO happy, I was crying at the finish. My poor friends & family that had to witness that! But what an accomplishment that was. I try not to post to Facebook too much, tooting my own horn (I've heard lots of people complain about all the people who do that!).... but I feel like on here- it's okay to get excited about these accomplishments, especially the ones I work SO HARD to achieve! I was very proud of myself. Now- I've set a very hard time to beat in my next race... and who knows when that'll be. I haven't signed up for any more yet but am contemplating a few in the upcoming months.

I'm also in Week 2 of the Walk Kansas challenge. Our team from Curves chose to do the harder challenge offered- completing 6 hours or more of physical exercise each week. That's a lot! I went over last week but may just barely make it this week with this being Spring Break. Anyway- below are a few pics from the race. I can't wait to do more!!!





1 comment:

  1. I'm EXTREMELY proud of you and you can toot your own horn to me anytime you want to!!!

    ReplyDelete