Our first day there, it was only in the 60s and the wind was blowing pretty hard so we stayed inside for the most part (we were supposed to have a 3-hr horseback riding session in the canyon but with my tailbone injury- that was out of the question). We had lunch at LBS: A Burger Joint (very good!). That afternoon, we had a 50-minute couples massage (I still feel bruised!) then took the shuttle to the strip for a fun evening! We had purchased tickets to see Ron White the comedian at the Mirage. We ate dinner at BB King's also at the Mirage. Good food but AWESOME atmosphere! They had young musicians performing, and then the house band came on. They were great! I could have sat there all night! Not sure when the last time was that Eric and I went somewhere we had to pay a cover charge... needless to say, its been a while! Ron White was hilarious, as was the opening act- Robert Hawkins. They kept us laughing for about 2 hours! Definitely worth the price of our tickets!
The next day began with breakfast at the Grand Cafe- they had desserts there that looked way too good to eat! I got in a little workout, layed out at the pool for a bit, then Eric played golf at Arroyo Golf Club (I rode in the cart, reading a book, and enjoying the beautiful weather). Then we enjoyed our last night at Red Rock by having dinner at T-Bone Chophouse then seeing the movie Hangover 2, going bowling and playing BINGO. I had won a free game of bowling and a free pack of BINGO cards in drawings since we'd been there, so we figured we should use my prizes! Neither was necessarily free- we had to pay for Eric to participate... but it gave us something fun to do together that we normally wouldn't do during our time in Vegas.
We woke up Tuesday and had breakfast at the buffet at Red Rock, I got in another short workout, then checked out and headed toward the Cosmopolitan. We figured we'd just take the shuttle to the strip, then walk the mile to our new hotel. Our suitcase had other plans. The 2 back wheels broke about halfway there, making it impossible to walk... we had to get a taxi. :( We had packed 2 outfits per day per person for the week- so it was quite heavy! Oops!
No comments:
Post a Comment