Friday, August 26, 2011

Introducing...

Our 1st grader and 3rd grader!!! It was so hard just to type that! I can't believe they're that old. We've now finished our first few days of school... and it hasn't gotten any easier to comprehend. I have a feeling I will be thinking this way even when I have grandkids this age... wasn't it just yesterday my babies were born???  And now, we've gotten to the point where it's uncool for me to walk them to their classrooms, or to hug them goodbye. A high-five or fist-bump or wave is the most I get now. :(  I am so proud that they're independent and confident enough to go into their rooms on their own (where none of their close friends are) and not show weakness or worry at all. They each got the teacher they wanted, and that seems to be all that mattered to them. They both were very open to making new friends and learning lots of new things. I couldn't be happier for them! Now... time for me to go back to work and stop obsessing about what they're doing all day! :)

Here are a couple pictures from their first day!







No comments:

Post a Comment