Saturday, August 13, 2011

Wichita Weekend

I never got around to doing a post about our 4-day trip to Wichita a couple of weeks ago. We had a lot of fun, saw a lot of family, and even got a few neat outings in during our short time. I had felt bad that the kids didn't really get a summer vacation, so we took the opportunity to spend a few days away from home, with the people we love the most.  Pics are in the FB album to the right... A short re-cap: We met Eric's mom for dinner when we got to town on Friday night, at TGI Friday's (very appropriate!) Eric was in a golf tournament on Saturday so the kids and I went to Exploration Place that morning with Eric's mom. We went to lunch (Dog N Shake) and swimming with her and Eric's brother & his family. That night, we attended a wedding reception for one of Eric's cousins where we got to visit with much of his family and even got out on the dance floor once. On Sunday, I went for a 4-mile run, then my dad & Eric took the kids golfing so I went shopping with my brother Mikey and my mom. We met up with everyone else for lunch (Jose Pepper's) then joined my brother Joey & his family at the pool that afternoon... then Eric headed back to Manhattan and the rest of us had a big family dinner. On Monday morning, I met my sister-in-law Stephanie and the cross country kids from her high school for a 3-mile run. Then, the kids and I met up with my friend Emily & her kids, my mom and my sister-in-law, Pam and her kids at the zoo. We all had lunch together (On the Border), then the kids & I went to Emily's house to swim in their pool. We had dinner that night with Eric's mom, his brother & his family at Texas Roadhouse and came back to my mother-in-law's for some fun science experiements. On Tuesday, the kids got to play with their cousin Kara and do more experiments. Then we went to my mom's for lunch and a quick swim before heading home. Whew. I'm tired again just reading it all. What a good time we had! We hadn't been home all summer so it was definitely time! This fall we have a few short weekend trips planned but nothing nearly as jam-packed as those 4 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment