Thursday, May 24, 2012
Last Day of School 2012
Yesterday, my kids were in 3rd grade and 1st grade. As they woke up today, they are officially a 4th grader and a 2nd grader. Where did the past year go? I can't believe they're getting so old! They each had a terrific year. Landon's reading skills flourished, and Makena began excelling at Math. They had lots of fun/educational field trips. They made new friends, and experienced so many new things. Their grades were terrific. I couldn't be more proud of them, or happy with the school they attend. I found out a couple weeks ago that I will be working full time at their school in the fall. I am excited at the prospect of seeing them more and being around all the wonderful people at the school, but am a little sad to be leaving all the preschoolers behind. I am crossing my fingers that this was the right choice. For now, the kids are thrilled... I know in a few years, that could change. I might not be someone they want working at their school all the time, so for now I'll take advantage of them wanting me there. And I'll use this summer to get used to the fact that they're going into 4th and 2nd grades!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
What will you be doing at their school? Let me just say I LOVED having my mom work in the office at STA. Even as an 8th grader graduating, I was sad she wouldn't be at KMC, just down the hall.
ReplyDeleteI will be a full-time para at their school for kids with special needs- behavioral or educational. I was a speech para at a preschool in town but that was part-time. I had talked to that school about being full-time in the classroom (I had been in the classrooms there as a sub) but it's less stressful to be at the same school as my kids, not having to worry about pickup/dropoff/riding bus... Not sure how it's going to go but I'm excited to try it out! The kids are excited- so it's definitely worth it to try.
Delete