Monday, June 18, 2012
Another KC Weekend
We spent the past weekend in Kansas City. I had a race Saturday morning, so we headed up Friday night after dinner. The race was a 5K, around the Legends, so that's where our hotel was too. The race went pretty well, considering I hadn't been in a race since March, and I'd been forced to take a couple weeks off running due to some low back pain. I was pretty proud of myself for finishing the race without having to stop or slow down, considering my situation. After the race (and showering/changing), we did a little shopping and had lunch at the T-Rex Cafe. The kids love that place! Once our bellies were full, I took the kids over to Schlitterbahn water park while Eric spent some time at the new Hollywood Casino. I think the kids and I got the better end of the deal. :) We had an absolute blast! After yet another shower, we had dinner and went to the Sporting KC soccer game vs. Toronto (I got discounted tickets with my race entry). Yet another great time! The stadium was very high-energy, with lots of songs/chants/cheers being sung/yelled by the whole crowd. The players were super fun to watch, and after their big win 2-0, they all walked around the stadium and thanked the crowd. We will definitely have to find time to go back up for more games! It was full of memories I will hold dear for a long time, especially when these moments seem to be few and far between.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment