Sunday, February 21, 2010

Valentine's Party

Makena had a belated valentine's party for her class on Tuesday. The student teacher had called and asked me to come help, and to bring a game. I was very fortunate that my friend Kirsten and her husband had constructed a bean bag toss for their daughter Chloe's class. They let me borrow it, and when the kids had finished playing a couple rounds, we played "Cupid Says." The kids seemed to enjoy both activities. They also made valentines to bring home for a family member, and they decorated their own heart-shaped sugar cookies. I took Briauhna and Landon with me, and they were big helpers. Landon helped gather the beanbags once they were tossed, and Bri kept the kids entertained. :) They each got to decorate their own sugar cookie, although Bri wouldn't eat most of hers- it got her fingers messy. LOL Overall, it was a fun afternoon, and I got one step closer to getting to know Makena's classmates.






No comments:

Post a Comment