Tuesday, August 24, 2010
Back to School!
Today, Makena and Landon enjoyed their first half-day at school. They could hardly contain their excitement, both waking up and getting dressed before I had even thought to get them up. They had found out who their teachers and classmates would be last night at Back to School Night. We couldn't have been luckier with the teachers they got (there's really not a bad one in the whole school though), and with their classmates. Landon was nervous about starting at a new school... until we read the roster last night and saw some of his friends in his classroom. He knew 4 people (one being his best friend Luke) before even stepping foot in the school last night! He was elated! And Makena has her best friend Chloe, as well as several people she had in her class last year. So, as expected, they each had a wonderful day today. Each entered school with great confidence. I was able to stay with Landon for the first 2 hours, then left him there for the last hour of school. He didn't even care when I was leaving, although I had to hold back a few tears, as I thought of my baby being at school! Both kids came out of school, all smiles! It was a very exciting time for them, and for me. I won't start work until after Labor Day, and even then, it will only be MWF mornings. I'm still waiting on word about another afternoon position. Hopefully it will still happen for me and I won't have to sit home and be bored (and broke), and missing my kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment