Friday, August 27, 2010

My Journey, Update #3

Yet another goal reached... I now have lost 40 pounds! And this week, I've managed to maintain that weight loss. I have become spoiled since starting this eating plan. Since the beginning of July, I haven't gone more than a few days without losing weight. And now, I've maintained for 5 days... a bit disappointing, but I'm still very happy with my progress so far. I am in my 2nd cycle through the Curves eating plan, and although I am not losing as fast, I'm still losing, and becoming more confident with my food choices.

I've stepped up my workouts at Curves a notch, working harder than ever on the recovery boards, and pushing the equipment to my own limit most of the time. I also began the Couch to 5K Program. Tonight, I finished Week 3. I am so happy to have a great running partner in my friend Kate. I plan to run/walk the 5K for Race for the Cure in Wichita in late September, and run the entire 5K of the Homecoming 5K here in Manhattan at the end of October. I feel like I am getting in better shape faster. This also proves to be a nice way to curb my cravings & hunger at night, as we run after the kids go to bed 3 evenings a week. We have 6 weeks left of training, and I am excited for all of them!

We won't be going back to Wichita to see our families/friends until Thanksgiving, so I'm hoping most everyone can notice a big change in me once we see them again. My parents will be here for KSU home football games, and we're hoping Eric's immediate family will come to visit once or twice before then, but we haven't been around all of the extended family since at least June, if not before. I also have a big weigh-in with Eric's cousin at Thanksgiving... we wagered a spa visit on who would lose the most weight by then. Keeping my fingers crossed! :)

As always, I thank everyone who has commented on here, on Facebook, in emails or in person. Your support truly helps more than you could ever know! I hope my example gives others hope, that if I can do this, anyone can!!!

5 comments:

  1. Why Thank You! Now about 60-70 to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So awesome!!! And I am totally hoping you win that spa vist!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Me too! So far, I think I'm ahead by about 25 pounds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go, Nikki! Very impressive success! It can be frustrating when you plateau, but keep at it and it will pass. Keep up the GREAT job! I'm missing the swimming/biking routine I had in Lawrence this summer...

    ReplyDelete