Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Riley Alexis Skach

Our niece, Riley Alexis Skach, was born last night at 8:49 pm via c-section. My sister-in-law Pam went into labor yesterday morning and although the contractions were slowed during the middle of the day, they increased in frequency as the afternoon/evening wore on, and she began to slowly dilate. Since Riley was in a breech position, the doctors concluded a c-section was best for all. Riley's right arm was below her body toward the birth canal so it took some pulling and maneuvering to get her out- thus the swollen and bruised right side in these pics. Nothing appears to be broken or damaged at this point. She was not breathing upon delivery so she was immediately intubated and has tubes in her belly and head for feeding, medication, etc. Riley weighed in at a whopping 2 pounds, 4.5 ounces and was 14 1/2 inches long. I am told she has lots of dark hair and is just precious. I will see her for myself today as the kids, my sister and I will be driving to Wichita this morning for a day or two. I am told the surgery went well and Pam has been doing fine- again something I can assess for myself once we get there. I will load more pics after I've visited her. Please keep her in your prayers, as she still has a long struggle ahead of her, being born at 27 1/2 weeks. She is in the best hands possible at the Wesley NICU but a little help from above would be most appreciated!



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your new niece! She is adorable. I will keep praying that your sister-in-law and baby Riley continue to do well.

    ReplyDelete