Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Birthday Sissy!

Today, my baby sister Jillian Leigh Skach turned 20. It makes me feel old just typing that, and if I think about it very long, it seems unreal. She's always been my "sissy." We even used to sing a song about sisters from Barney when she was little (the cassette tape with our song broke- from too much use, I think).  She has grown to be one of my very best friends, a person I trust implicitly, someone I admire, and a lady that I love beyond comprehension. She has become a 2nd mom to my kids and is a constant figure in our household. I will be devastated when the day comes that we don't live in the same town anymore. I enjoy her company and would be lost without her. 

I hope you've had a great birthday Jill! Can't wait for you to be "legal" next year so we can go out for girls' nights and can finally take you to Las Vegas!

Here is a picture tribute to my sissy...

Our family pic when Jill was 2 1/2.
Us four kids, when Jill was 4 1/2.
The four of us again, when Jill was 11.
Jill, holding Landon shortly after his birth.
Jill, on her 18th birthday.
Jill, on Halloween 2007, with Makena.
Jill and me with the kids, KSU Spring Game/Carnival, 2008.
Jill, just a couple of weeks ago. 
Love you sis! Happy birthday!!!

2 comments:

  1. awwwww You are going to make me cry! I love you Sissy! you have become my best friend over the last years that we have been here in Manhattan. I don't know where I'd be today had you not made the move here with me. I don't think it's going to be POSSIBLE for us to live apart. We will have to move around together! Deal? :)
    I can't wait til next year so we can go out together.. and have our fun :)... and Vegas needs to prepare to have us there TOGETHER! :)

    I love youuu! Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a WONDERFUL tribute to Jill! You are a fantastic Sister and a great friend! Watching you two interact is very satisfying and special to me as it reminds me of Aunt Kathi and I....we had something very special and I see that same sisterly love with you two! I love you both!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete